Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Running to feel better

There is truly nothing better than running in the fall. The sound of the leaves crunching underneath my running shoes makes me feel at ease in that moment. My favorite season is fall, so naturally I enjoy being out and about and especially running. Even though midterms start next week and I have a million things on my list to do, I cannot pass up a chance to run on a beautiful fall day. Running takes me away from all the stress I'm under and gives me something to look forward to after spending hours doing school work. Some people would say I am crazy for using running as my break from life, but I honestly feel much better about everything when I can go for a run at the end of the day.

I wish more people would consider adding exercise into their life as a form of relaxation and stress relief. To me running is killing two birds with one stone: 1. I can relax and just enjoy the moment and 2. I get a good work out. If everyone thought like this then we would all be a little less stressed and better prepared to conquer whatever obstacle comes our way. Because at the end of the day when I can take 20 or 30 minutes out of my day to run, I am less stressed about the work I have to do so I get it done faster. Do yourself a favor, shut up and run! I promise you will not regret it.

Here's a weekly running workout I put together myself for beginners:

Sunday: Run 3 to 4 miles easy

Monday: Run 3 to 4 miles easy

Tuesday: Cross-train: run stairs, yoga, zumba, etc.

Wednesday:OFF day!!

Thursday:2 to 3 miles easy

Friday: Kick it up a notch! Try 5 miles at a faster pace

Saturday: OFF day, but if you're up for it try more cross-training

I try my best to run as much as possible, but I know life does get in the way sometimes. I try to think of running like another task I have to complete before the day is over, that seems to help me stay on track and feel less stressed!

Enjoy the below slide show of my day of running:




No comments:

Post a Comment